THERE ARE 2 VACANCIES FOR REGISTERED MANAGER POSTS: The registered manager promotes the ethos of Cwm Care Limited and provides leadership and management in the home. The management approach creates an open, positive and inclusive atmosphere. The registered manager communicates a clear sense of direction and leadership which staff and our individuals understand. See job title below. To apply please click on the link below Please email email@example.com for application form and further information.
Job Title: Registered Manager. Please download job application form, complete it electronically and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submitting application has been extended to 23rd April 2021.
Responsible to: Responsible Individual
Job Specification: The registered manager promotes the ethos of Cwm Care Limited and provides leadership and management in the homes. The management approach creates an open, positive, and inclusive atmosphere. The registered manager communicates a clear sense of direction and leadership which staff and our individuals understand.
• Has at least two years’ experience as senior carer supporting adults with a learning disability or adult care setting.
• Has strategies for enabling staff, individuals, and other stakeholders to voice concerns and to affect the way in which the service is administered.
• The processes of managing and carrying on the home are open and transparent
• Undertakes management planning and practice to encourage and reward innovation, creativity, development, and change.
• Committed to the Equality Act 2010 in the home.
• Has genuine interest in working within a caring environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Ability to work on their own
• Team Player
• Willingness to participate in vocational training programmes and self-development
• Satisfactory police check and check against the ISA list (where applicable)
• In-depth understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act
• In-depth understanding of Infection Control
• Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent (see below)
• Registration with Social Care Wales
• Computer skills
• Relevant Vocational Qualification (achieved or working towards)
• Evidence of having undertaken relevant training.
• Welsh speaking
This description is not exhaustive and may change at any time in relation to the needs of our individuals, staff, regulations or changes in company policy and procedure.
• Developing ways to promote their rights and responsibilities
• Providing information, advice and support to individuals, their families and carers
• Arranging stimulating activities and encouraging individuals to get involved
• Creating the opportunity for individuals to contribute to the local community and access local facilities.
• Assessing prospective individuals’ suitability for the home
• Developing a care plan and carrying out reviews in accordance with regulations
• Monitoring their health and making appropriate referrals and appointments
• Arranging annual holidays and calendar of social events
• Arranging shopping trips for new clothes etc.
• Dealing with their finances and maintaining accurate records
• Reviewing individual personal plan at frequency no more than 3 monthly
• Developing staff rota
• Organising staff annual leave in accordance with company policy (which may on times need to be cancelled to cover service needs)
• Arranging and maintaining staff training
• Ensure all staff have up to date DBS checks
• Carry out 2 monthly staff meetings and supervisions
• Keeping staff informed and up to date about decisions made in the Provider/managers meetings.
• Recruiting staff
• Maintaining staff files in accordance with regulations and company’s recruitment policy
• Monitoring Sick absences, back to work interviews
• Carrying out disciplinary procedures
• Monitoring staff performance on day-to-day basis, ensuring all duties carried out to high specification
• Attendance at Manager/Provider meetings
• Monitoring cleanliness of homes
• Monitoring maintenance required and reporting to provider.
• Enforcing Health and Safety Regulations
• Arranging annual fire, electrical, gas checks and services
• Attending individual annual reviews with social services
• Work with provider to carry out regular quality improvement activities.
• Dealing with CIW inspections and responses to any recommendations
• Dealing with Responsible Individual’s inspection and responses
• 1:4 on-call rota for emergencies only during out of hours for all company homes
• Providing care cover if not covered by re-arranging duty rota.
• Regular spot checks
Qualification of a Registered Manager*
|Current required qualification
||Other qualifications accepted for registration
||Proportion of workforce
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social
Care Services (Adults’ Residential Management)
Wales and Northern Ireland
|NVQ 4 Leadership and Management for Care Services
NVQ 4 Management (assessed in a care setting)
NVQ 4 Registered Manager Award
NVQ 4 Health and Social Care (Adults)
NVQ 4 Care
OR for people registered prior to MAY 2013:
Social work qualification approved by the Care Council15
*Qualification Framework for the Social Care Sector in Wales (Care Council for Wales 2013)